LTO-4 features doubled capacity compared to the LTO-3, offering 800GB native, or 1.6TB with 2:1 data compression. Performance is also improved with a transfer rate of 240MB/s. This boost in performance is not the only advancement: LTO-4 incorporates additional support for advanced data protection and security features. LTO-4 will continue to support the write-once, read-many (WORM) functionality seen in the LTO-3 and will now support 256-bit AES encryption.
The HP is one of the founders of LTO technology that worked in collaboration with IBM and Quantum to develop a powerful, reliable and scalable data backup solution. The C7974A is an HP LTO-4 data tape cartridge designed for greater data endurance and durability. This is compatible with previous LTO-3 formats that delivers data access during storage capacity enhancement process. You can confidently deploy this cartridge in your most busy enterprise environments, offering a peace of mind. This is ideal for medium to large scale data backup requirements.
- A storage capacity of 1.6TB and 800GB of compressed and native data respectively.
- An Improved transfer rate of native data @120MB/Sec for greater efficiency.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES 256-bit) to ensure a higher level of data security.
- WORM (Write once/Read many) features for Increased data tape life.
- Rugged body, making it shock resistant during shipping.
|Product Name:||C7974A LTO Ultrium 4 Data Cartridge|
|Product Type:||Storage media - LTO Ultrium|