Accelerate demanding workloads with the powerful and flexible PowerEdge T630 2-socket tower server, a member of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers.Drive rapid response times with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, DDR4 memory and seven I/O slots.With support for up to 50 percent more hard drives than previous generations, the PowerEdge T630 brings new capabilities to small and medium businesses and remote
Tailor your tower to your workloads
Accelerate demanding workloads with the powerful and flexible PowerEdge T630 2-socket tower server, a member of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers.
Versatile and efficient performance
Drive rapid response times with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, DDR4 memory and seven I/O slots.
Expanded capacity, unprecedented capability
With support for up to 50 percent more hard drives than previous generations, the PowerEdge T630 brings new capabilities to small and medium businesses and remote offices running mail and messaging, medical imaging, server and desktop virtualization, and budget-conscious graphical rendering. Supporting up to 32 x 6.3cm(2.5) or 18 x 8.8cm(3.5) hard drives, the T630 can store more mailboxes of larger sizes can dramatically lower your cost per mailbox. Flexible storage configurations allow you to meet exacting workload requirements, while ample drive space allows for cost-effective, in-server expansion.
Fast storage, fast insights
Up to four NVMe Express Flash PCIe SSDs and the optional 12Gb PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC9) make the PowerEdge T630 ideal for a wide range of IOPs-hungry workloads including database, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and decision support. For increased application acceleration, the T630 can take advantage of optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache for even faster data access. In-server storage tiering and multi-mode RAID options also help optimize virtual storage for VMware® vSAN™ and Microsoft Storage Spaces.
Powerful GPU acceleration
From graphical rendering to implementing virtual desktops, support for up to four optional GPU accelerators enables additional performance and capability.
- Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
- Agent-free management Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
- Lifecycle Controller Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
- Zero-touch automated deployment Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors.
- Automated server updates Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
- The Tech Support Report The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E5 2600 v3 processors|
Microsoft Windows® Server 2008/2012 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-VTM )
|Chipset||Intel C610 series chipset|
|Memory||24 DIMM slots, DDR4 memory
Architecture: Up to 2133MHz MHz DDR4 DIMMs
Memory Type: RDIMM&LRDIMM
Memory Module Sockets: Twenty Four
Minimum RAM: 2 GB (one module)
Maximum RAM: Up to 1536GB (24 DIMM slots): 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB
|Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)||Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008, with Hyper-VTM
|Storage||SAS, SATA, Near-line SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD:
18 x 8.8cm (3.5) HDD – up to 72TB via 4TB hot-plug SAS hard drives
32 x 6.3cm (2.5) HDD – up to 32TB via 1TB hot-plug SAS hard drives
Up to 4 optional Express Flash PCIe SSD’s
|Drive Bays||Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane:
Up to 8 x 8.8cm (3.5) SAS, SATA, Near-Line SAS,SSD, PCIe SSD drives with optional flex bay
Up to 18 x 8.8cm (3.5) SAS, SATA, Near-Line SAS,SSD drives without optional flex bay
Up to 16 x 6.3cm (2.5) SAS, SATA, Near-line SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD drives with optional flex bay
Up to 32 x 6.3cm (2.5) SAS, SATA, Near-Line SAS,SSD drives with optional flex bay
|Slots||Slot 1: Full Length, Full Height, CPU1 - PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: Full Length, Full Height, PCH - PCIe Gen2 x4 (x8 connector)
Slot 3: Full Length, Full Height, CPU1 - PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 4: Half Length, Full Height, CPU2 - PCIe Gen3 x8 (x8 connector)
Slot 5: Full Length, Full Height, CPU2 - PCIe Gen2 (DMI) x4 (x8 connector)
Slot 6: Full Length, Full Height, CPU2 - PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 7: Full Length, Full Height, CPU2 - PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 8: Half Length, Full Height, CPU1 - PCIe Gen3 x8 (x8 connector)
|Network Controller||2 x 1Gb|
|Communications||Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel® Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
|Power||Titanium efficiency 750W AC power supply
Gold efficiency 1100W DC power supply
Platinum efficiency 495W, 750W, 1100W or 1600W AC power supply
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant cooling
Hot-plug redundant power
Internal Dual SD Module
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
|Video Card||Video Type :Integrated Integrated Matrox G200 with iDRAC8
Video Memory: 16 MB shared with iDRAC8 application memory
GPUs – Support for up to four optional 300W internal GPU processing accelerators
|Chassis||Form Factor: 5U
T630 full system with 6.3cm (2.5) HDD:
Max 6.3cm (2.5) x16 (6 fans) 37.57Kg/82.75lb
Max 6.3cm (2.5) x32 (6 fans) 40.55Kg/89.32lb
T630 full system with 8.8cm (3.5) HDD:
Max 8.8cm (3.5) x18 (6 fans) 49.65 Kg/109.36 lb
|Management||Dell OpenManage portfolio of systems management solutions, including:
OpenManage Essentials console
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller