Silicom PEG4BPiL Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Bypass Server Adapter Intel
Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet Bypass server adapter is a PCI-Express X8 network interface. Silicom’s Quad Port Gigabit Ethernet Bypass server adapter supports Normal, Bypass and Disconnect modes.
In Normal mode, the ports are independent interfaces. In Bypass mode, all packets received from one port are transmitted to adjacent port. In Disconnect mode, the adapter simulates switch / rout cable disconnection.
- Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet Bypass server adapter is a PCI-Express X8 network interface.
- Silicom’s Quad Port Gigabit Ethernet Bypass server adapter supports Normal, Bypass and Disconnect modes.
- In Normal mode, the ports are independent interfaces. In Bypass mode, all packets received from one port are transmitted to adjacent port. In Disconnect mode, the adapter simulates switch / rout cable disconnection.
- In Bypass mode, the connections of the Ethernet network ports are disconnected from the interfaces and switched over to the other port to create a crossed connection loop-back between the Ethernet ports. Hence, in bypass mode all packets received from one port are transmitted to other port and vice versa. This feature enables to bypass a failed system and provides maximum up time for the network.
- In Disconnect mode, the adapter simulates switch / router cable disconnection.
In Disconnect mode, the switch / router does not detect link partner of the adapter.
- Silicom’s Gigabit Ethernet Bypass server adapters include an on board WDT (Watch Dog Timer) controller. The adapter’s software drivers or software application can write commands to the on board WDT controller.The adapter’s software drivers, WDT controller and the Bypass circuitry provide an interface that control and manage the mode of the adapter.
- Silicom’s Quad Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet Bypass server adapter is based on Intel 82575 Dual port Gigabit Ethernet MAC+PHY of Intel Controller.
Bypass / Disconnect :
- Bypass Ethernet ports on Power Fail, System Hangs or Software Application Hangs
- Software programmable Bypass, Disconnect or Normal Mode
- On Board Watch Dog Timer (WDT) Controller
- Software programmable time out interval
- Software Programmable WDT Enable / Disable counter
- Software Programmable Bypass Capability Enable / Disable
- Software Programmable Disconnect Capability Enable / Disable
- Software Programmable mode (Bypass, Normal or Disconnect mode) at Power up
- Software Programmable mode (Bypass, Normal mode) at Power off
- Independent Bypass operation in every two ports
- Emulates standard NIC
Copper Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T:
- Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support six, four, two and one Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-T)
- Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (10Base-T) operation
- Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100/10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex
- RJ-45 female connectors
Common Key features:
- Host Interface standard support PCI Express 1.1
- High performance, reliability and low power use in Intel 82575 dual integrated MAC + PHY and SERDES chip controller
- Ultra deep packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization
- Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation
- Priority queuing - 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding
- Virtual LANs - 802.1q VLAN tagging
- Jumbo Frame (16KB)
- 802.x flow control
- Statistics for SNMP
- LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Bypass/Disconnect Mode status
WDT Interval (Software Programmable):
3,276,800 mSec (3,276.8 Sec) : Maximum 100 mSec (0.1 Sec) : Minimum
WDT Interval = (2^wdt_interval_parameter)*(0.1) sec.
Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications - (1000Base-T)
IEEE Standard / Network topology:
Gigabit Ethernet, 1000BASE-T
Full duplex / Simplex:
Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speds
Auto negotiation :
Auto negotiation between Full duplex and simplex operations and between 10Mb/s 100Mb/s speed and duplex 1000Mb/s
Data Transfer Rate :
1000 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 10 Mbits/sec in simplex mode per port
Cables and Operating distance :
10Base-T Category 3, 4 or 5 maximum 50m *
|Operating Systems Support|
|Operating system support:||Windows
|General Technical Specifications|
PCI-Express Base Specification Revision 1.1
Low profile short add-in card: 167.64mm X 68.91mm (6.60"X 2.713")
|PCI Express Card Type:||X8|
|PCI Express Voltage:||
Gold Finger : X8
Metal Bracket : Full Height/Low profile Height
|I/O:||Located on the metal bracket|
130 gram (4.586oz)
|Power Consumption:||Normal mode:
9.8W, 0.39A at 12V, 1.54A at 3.3V: Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s.
6.6W, 0.31A at 12V, 0.86A at 3.3V: Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
5.9W, 0.29A at 12V, 0.74A at 3.3V: Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s.
6.1W, 0.3A at 12V, 0.76A at 3.3V : Typical No link at all ports
Bypass mode :
6.3W, 0.31A at 12V and 0.78A at 3.3V : Typical Bypass Mode
|Operating Temperature:||0°C – 50°C (32°F - 122°F)|
|EMC Certifications:||FCC Part 15, Subpart B Class B
CE EN 55022: 1998 Class B: Amendment A1 2000, A2 2003
CE EN 55024: 1998 Amendment A1: 2001, Amendment A2: 2003 Immunity for ITE CE EN 61000-3-2 2000
Harmonic Current Emissions
CE EN 61000 3-3
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker CE IEC 6100-4-2: 1995
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV
CE IEC 6100-4-3:1995
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz CE IEC 6100-4-4:1995
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads CE IEC 6100-4-5:1995
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV, Dif. Mode 1kV
CE IEC 6100-4-6:1996
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
CE IEC 6100-4-11:1994
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
Right LEDs (on all the ports):
|LEDs location:||LEDs are located in the RJ45|