Black Box LB308A 10/100M Hardened Ethernet Extender/VDSL Switch, 8-Port.
A managed hardened switch plus a VDSL extender for use in extreme environments.
- This hardened Ethernet switch provides flexibility with eight 10/100BASE-TX ports, plus two VDSL extender ports.
- VDSL ports provide a full-duplex, 50-Mbps link over up to 6232 feet (1900 m) of voice-grade copper telephone wire.
- The switch can operate in a wide range of temperatures, making it ideal for applications such as traffic signals.
- Supports IP multicast filtering through IGMP snooping.
- Complies with NEMA TS1 and TS2 environmental requirements for traffic control equipment.
- Supports port-based VLAN and IEEE 802.1q VLAN tagging and GVRP.
- Up to 24 static secure MAC addresses per port.
- Fanless design means fewer maintenance hassles.
- DIN rail mounting kit included.
- Hot swap extender without powering down.
- A switch configures the extender for local (CO) or remote (CP) use.
This 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Hardened Ethernet Extender uses vDSL to provide an easy, inexpensive way to extend the reach of your Ethernet network over ordinary voice-grade copper wire. Use the Hardened Extender for harsh environments and extended temperature ranges. Because you use your existing copper infrastructure, you save on cabling costs. Plus it has an internal switch and eight Ethernet ports, so you can use it to easily add remote ports at the edge of your network.
Just plug a hardened extender into each end of your copper wire and use simple DIP switches to set one unit as local (CO) and the other as remote (CP).
The extender is transparent to upper level protocols such as TCP/IP, and there's never any software to install. Plus, the RJ-45 port autosenses speed and duplex, and it features MDI/MDI-X, so your Ethernet is virtually foolproof!
Standards – IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX, Ethernet over VDSL, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x
(8) RJ-45 Ethernet;
(2) RJ-11 VDSL;
(1) 2.5-mm serial management port (DB9 F to 2.5-mm plug cable is included)
Power – 100-240 VAC (PS002A) to terminal block or 24 VDC (PSD012) to DC jack, 2.7 watts maximum; power supply sold separately
Size – 14.5H x 12.5W x 6D cm (5.7"H x 2.4"W x 4.9"D)
Weight – 1.1 kg (2.4 lb.)