Avocent MPU108EDAC 8 port 1 Digital KVM path, Dual AC Power Supply
The MergePoint Unity switch is the next generation KVM over IP appliance replacing the award winning DSR product.
This industry leading appliance provides IT administrators a complete and secure, remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
Improve Remote Management and Staff Efficiency
- Reduce the time required to remotely diagnose, reconfigure, repair, restore servers as well as network devices and other hardware with serial configuration and/or management consoles.
- Complement in-band tools to create a more complete remote management solution to access servers and network equipment at remote locations.
- Virtual media enables remote USB connections to map CD-ROM and other USB mass storage devices directly to remote servers to transfer/copy files, load updates or install new applications, etc.
- Integrated serial device support allows secure SSH connections to the physical serial ports of devices attached to the MPUIQ-SRL module. The Cisco configuration settings electronically pin out the module to enable a fast and direct connection to Cisco configuration ports, without the need for any additional external wiring adapters or special wiring.
Improve Physical Security
- Remote smart card/CAC reader support is provided for advanced security requirements. Using the virtual media capabilities of the MergePoint Unity switch, a smart card reader can be mapped from a desktop PC out to a remote server.
- Reduce the need to physically enter the data centers for local access and control. The MergePoint Unity switch provides remote users the capabilities of a direct physical connection from anywhere to KVM, USB and serial ports of servers and other it equipment.
Expand your Control
- Avocent Power Management Distribution Units (PM PDUs) can attach directly to one of the two dedicated power control ports to allow administrators to control the power to the devices they are accessing using the MergePoint Unity switch. The integration between remote access and power control allows administrators to see the results instantly when they turn remote devices on/off.
- Fully integrates with the DSView 3 management software* to allow companies to extend their KVM and serial capabilities from the MergePoint Unity switches to include support for blades, embedded service processors, virtual servers, third-party KVM devices and third-party power products. Detailed power reports and historical power trends on consumption, capacity and cost are also available by adding the DSView 3 software Power Manager.
- Advanced Remote Management â€“ Provides secure and remote, out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB and serial ports to complement existing in-band software management tools
- Meet Service Level Agreements and Minimize Downtime â€“ Unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure or restore equipment
- Virtual Media â€“ Enables USB media such as CD-ROMs, flash memory and external drives to be virtually attached to a remote server's USB port
- CAC/Smart Card Support â€“ Utilizing the virtual media capabilities remote or local users can map a USB-based smart card reader to the attached servers and authenticate using their smart cards
- Enhanced Serial Adapters â€“ Supports standard, remote SSH connections to the attached serial devices and includes electronic pin-out options for quick and easy connections to the console ports on Cisco network equipment
- Power Device Port â€“ Connect supported PDUs for integrated power control, measurement and reporting
- FIPS 140-2 Compliant Cryptography â€“ The FIPS mode of operation uses an embedded FIPS 140-2 certified OpenSSL cryptographic module (Certificate #1051)
|Product Name||MergePoint Unity 8 Port 1DIG KVM Path-Dual AC P/S|
|Product Type||KVM Switchbox|
|Maximum Video Resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Number of Computers Supported||8|
|Product Line||MergePoint Unity|
|Product Family||MergePoint Unity|